Wednesday, October 17, 2012

A Leap Of Faith


A great man once told me that the greatest lesson in his life is not to let anyone hinder him for what he wanted in his life because no one else will give you happiness and fulfillment except yourself........and so did I... 

so here goes a note to My Future Child:


To My Future Child,

I am not certain whether or not you are lucky to have me as a mom. To many people’s eyes, I am a traveler, a wanderer, a free spirit---one with a nomadic existence. To some, I am a eccentric for I choose to challenge conventions and live life as I feel it should be lived. But to a few, I am a person of infinite passions, an individual who makes things happen because I opt to live my dreams.




I am a traveler, my child. And you have to understand that a traveler cannot give you all the material wealth your heart wishes. All I have is a treasure of memories and wisdom that I have prudently tucked in my heart, so when you come into this world, I will be able to let you experience what genuinely matters in life.


If at a very young age, you find yourself staring at the atlas and asking for a globe as a Birthday gift... If you find yourself eager to run around the neighborhood under a heavy rain or the scorching sun....and if you hear the sound of tribal drums from a distance calling you. Would you just shove these yearnings away and stay? Or would you chase the source of the beats that beckons you?

My child, I won’t ask anything of you but to live your life bigger than I did. It will be the utmost gift that you can give me. Don’t squander it. Explore, Dream, Discover and Experience! Get lost in the extravagance and romance of the great outdoors. Meet new people. Embrace the unusual and unfamiliar cultures. Don’t be afraid to take that one leap of faith that will change your life forever.

Do you know how an eagle learns to fly? Its mom pushes it off the nest. It strives and struggles. It gets terrified. But it never gives up. Now see how grandiose it soars.

I want you to be like that baby eagle. Jump, I command you, then conquer the skies! 



Love,
Your Future Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment